Cooks professional stand mixer

I love cooking and baking and I always thought about purchasing a stand mixer, as it would make any kind of mixing so much easier than a handheld electric beater. 

I looked at numerous models but settled on the Cooks Professional stand mixer. It has 800 watts of power, six speed settings and a number of differnet attachments. The bowl is 5 litres capacity and is stainless steel. 

The mixer comes in four different colours, I opted for the black as it matches my kitchen as well as when it comes to cleaning I would be able to see exactly where the dirt is. 

When I received the mixer, it arrived in a massive box. I took the mixer out of the box and realised it was still a massive mixer! I used it recently and it was superb. I can't believe it took me so long to buy one. It made making buttercream icing so easy. No more icing sugar flying everywhere as there is a plastic guard to protect your surfaces. 

While using the mixer I did think it was a little loud but the fact that it made everything so much easier far outweighs any little niggle. The unit is big, but I think that it would work for anyone, even if you are making something small.

There are suction pads on the bottom of the unit so that it doesn't move whilst the mixer is in motion. Which also helps, as I don't want to put it back in the box!


Disclaimer: I bought this item myself. All views and opinions are my own.